Monday, April 1, 2013

FMB Presents: Devil Made Me Do It



Title: The Devil Made Me Do It
Author: Amelia James
Genre: Evolved Publishing
Publisher: Couples Erotica
Format: Ebook, Paperback
Length: 52000 words
Rating:



"Don’t tempt me."
Erin wants her husband to rip her clothes off... literally. Does she dare provoke him?
Natalie wants to make love outdoors. Can she convince her shy husband?
Melissa wants the bad boy she just met in a bar. Should she or shouldn’t she? And Heather watches from a secret room....
These women and others like them know what they want in bed, but sometimes they have to be a little extra bold to get it. Watch them bring their naughtiest fantasies to life in some very interesting ways.
"It wasn’t my idea.... The devil made me do it."


It's not very often that I give five star reviews but this story was well worth the read. The author did a wonderful job in creating a real world setting with what could be real couple with real fantasies. I love how she showed the couples as being in a committed, loving relationship, yet allowed them to still have erotic sex scenes where they play out their fantasies. 

This is one hot must read that you wont want to put down!


How quickly do you fall in love?
Romance novels are all about characters and relationships. Some of us fall in love at first sight, but others fall slowly, one addicting detail at a time. I grew up reading single-title romances. I fell in love fast, over and over again as each book introduced me to a new and different hero. Variety was my aphrodisiac.
Fast-forward through high-school and college, marriage, motherhood and a dead-end career. Now I'm a romance author with five books on my backlist. Only one of them is a stand-alone work, The Devil Made Me Do It (which isn't even a novel, it's a short story collection). My first novel, Tell Me You Want Me, was supposed to be a short story. But Jane and Austin had a lot more story than I anticipated, so I turned it into a novel. Then I met Jack, Austin's best friend, and I fell in love with him. He needed a powerful love story so I wrote my second romance novel, Secret Storm, for him and Sara.
My erotic romance novel, Her Twisted Pleasures – The Twisted Mosaic, Book 1, also started as a short story, but the relationship between Talia, Alex, and Will got so twisted I couldn't write it in just one book. The Twisted Mosaic will be my first trilogy, but it won't be my last series. My latest release, One Wild Night, is a short story (surprise!) that introduces Jake and Miranda and the beginning of their adventure that will continue in One Wild Weekend, due out at the end of this year. And (you guessed it) a short story from The Devil Made Me Do It inspired a series of four books I'll be writing in 2014 and beyond.
So how did I go from devouring one single-title after another to writing series upon series? As a reader, I craved falling in love again, but as I writer, I can't let go. Like a one-night stand, a stand-alone novel is intense and satisfying, but it leaves me wanting more, and ultimately disappointed when I never see him again. A series is a long-term relationship that has the luxury of time to grow and change.
Do romance readers prefer stand-alone novels or multi-volume series? Well, like the answer to so many of life's questions: that depends. What kind of commitment do you want? ;) Fortunately, there's something (or someone) out there for every reader.



Amelia James started reading steamy romance novels in junior high, but her mom took them away from her, so she started daydreaming instead. After she got married, she wrote some of her naughtier daydreams down and sent them to Playgirl magazine. Two of them got published. She kept daydreaming and writing stories until her dirty stories turned into trashy books. She lives in Colorado, but she'll always be a loyal Wisconsin Cheesehead. When she's not lusting after her next bad boy hero, she looks for inspiration in sci-fi and action movies, football players, bloodsucking lawyers, muscle cars, and kick-butt chicks. Trashy's Treasures Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Goodreads |







No comments:

Post a Comment