Monday, March 18, 2013

FMB Presents: Byzantine Gold




Title: Byzantine Gold
Series: Dangerous Waters #2
Author: Chris Karlsen
Genre: Romantic Thriller
Publisher: Book To Go Now
Release Date: December 31, 2012
Format: Ebook
Length: 72,000 words
Purchase: Amazon

Rating:

The sequel novel to the best-selling, thriller, Golden Chariot. 
A sunken warship from the Byzantine Era carrying an unusual cargo of gold has been found off the coast of Northern Cyprus. News of the valuable cache has attracted the attention of a terrorist cell. They plan to attack the recovery team’s campsite and steal the artifacts. On the Black Market, the sale of the relics will buy them additional weapons. 
Charlotte Dashiell, an American archaeologist, and her lover, Atakan Vadim, a Turkish government agent, are scheduled to be part of the recovery team that brings up the artifacts. While en route to Cyprus, they find themselves caught in the crosshairs of Maksym Tischenko, a Ukrainian contract killer bent on revenge. Charlotte, Atakan and Tischenko share a grim history. As a result, Tischenko is a man who will stop at nothing to achieve his goal—seeing them both dead. 

Night Owl Reviews Reviewer Top Pick - 5 Stars “Once again, Ms. Karlsen delivers. Byzantine Gold is full of beautiful scenery, a tension-filled plot, and strong characters worth rooting for.”


I was born and raised in Chicago. My father was a history professor and my mother was, and is, a voracious reader. I grew up with a love of history and books. My parents also love traveling, a passion they passed onto me. I wanted to see the places I read about, see the land and monuments from the time periods that fascinated me. I’ve had the good fortune to travel extensively throughout Europe, the Near East, and North Africa. I am a retired police detective. I spent twenty-five years in law enforcement with two different agencies. My desire to write came in my early teens. After I retired, I decided to pursue that dream. I currently live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband, four rescue dogs and a rescue horse.
Website 

This is the first book I have read from this author. I wish I had been given the chance to read the first novel in the series so I would not have felt so lost in the beginning. Once I got past the fact that there were things I wouldn't know, I was able to move forward and enjoy the story. It was fast paced, multiple story lines with lots of twists and turns, which kept the pages turning. A good thing with the characters already having an established relationship we didn't have those sometimes awkward moments when characters first get together. The author was able to dive right into the sensual love scenes. Like so many other books I have read, there are some mistakes and missing words in some areas, but not enough to detract from the story. I don't give spoilers, but I will say this is an enjoyable read.


1 comment:

  1. Hi MaryLynn,
    Thank you for taking the time to read and review Byzantine Gold. I am so glad you enjoyed it.

    If you wish to read Golden Chariot, book 1 in the series. I will gladly gift it to you. Simply email me at: chriskarlsenwriter@gmail.com.

    In Golden Chariot, you see how Atakan and Charlotte meet and how the relationship and their interaction grows.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete